Learn how to drive social media engagement by linking strategy and tactics and measuring results
About this course
Social media technologies are continuously transforming the ways consumers interact with each other and firms. These changes constitute a fundamental shift in the marketplace–consumers have greater opportunities to voice their opinions and connect with their peers as well as increased influence over marketers and brands.
In this course, part of the Digital Product Management MicroMasters program, we examine how organizations capitalize on social media and consumer-to-consumer interactions to support their marketing efforts. We view these issues from a strategic and a practical perspective, rather than a technical or platform perspective. We will give you the knowledge you need to create engaging content for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat and how to identify influencers, deliver content to a targeted audience, and measure the success of your efforts.
Understanding social media is crucial for product managers who will be operating in a digital environment. Product managers will learn how to use social media conversations to inform their decision-making and how to leverage social media to promote their products, services and the brand. Additionally, learners will gain an understanding of how social media can be used to achieve specific organizational objectives and to measure the effectiveness of those efforts.
What you’ll learn
- How to develop a social media marketing strategy
- How to develop and deliver content that engages consumers and is strategically integrated across platforms
- How to measure the effectiveness of social efforts.
- How social media can be used to listen to consumers,monitor their behavior, and engage them in co-creation of products and services
- How to manage social media
Module 1 : Introduction to digital marketing
- Welcome from Dr Billy Sung
- Learning outcomes
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Potted history of the Internet
- Internet use and connectivity worldwide
- Web 2.0 a game changer
- Evolution to Web 2.0
- Who’s got the power?
- What type of Empowered Customer are you?
- Empowered Customer segmentation
- Marketers’ response to Web 2.0 and Customer Empowerment
- Are busiThe current size and scale of digital marketingnesses embracing new marketing opportunities?
- Digital marketing platforms
- What role and presence can digital marketing have?
- The current size and scale of digital marketing
- The benefits of digital marketing
- The benefits of integrating online and offline marketing
- Potential challenges of digital marketing
- Business perspectives
- Module 1 readings and references
Module 2: Promotional strategies